I have always like pasta baked with cheese, but regular wheat pasta and cheese make a very heavy carbohydrate and fat meal. Thank goodness for quinoa pasta. It adds some protein in to the mix and makes this pasta dish well balanced and delicious. Disclosure: This is not low in calories or healthiest recipe.
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups of cooked al dente pasta (see the package for cooking directions)
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar of pasta sauce, or your own homemade pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend, or more if you prefer it really cheesy
Place a pot on medium heat. Put the oil in, add the garlic and stir till golden. Add the chopped pepper. Stir for about 10 minutes or until the peppers are almost cooked. Add the pasta sauce in and bring to boil. Turn off the heat. Add the cooked and drained pasta in and stir well. Put the pasta in an oven safe dish. Place the cheese on top evenly. Bake at 350 F for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and lightly golden. Enjoy!