This is one of those soups that you cook during a rainy day and can eat it over the next several days.
- 1 cup kidney beans, soaked over night
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, soaked over night
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped evenly
- 1 large carrot, chopped evenly
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped evenly
- 1 russet potato, chopped evenly
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Seasonings to taste: bay leaf, cumin, red chili powder, cinnamon, salt, pepper
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- 1 TBSP dried mint powder
Cook the kidney beans and garbanzo beans together in three cups of water till soft. Do not drain, it will be used as stock. Set aside. Place a large pot over medium heat. Add the oil and sauté the garlic and onion till translucent. Add the potatoes, stir for 2 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes, stir well. Add the carrots. Add the seasoning. Give it a good toss, close the lid for about 3 minutes. Add the celery, stir well. Then add the beans and the stock. Check the consistency and add water to your liking. Stir well. Bring to a boil for 5 min. Add the mint powder and let simmer on low heat till all the ingredients are well cooked.